WE ARE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE. FROM SENIOR HOMES, BUS TOURS, MYSTERY TOURS, CORPORATE EVENTS, AND FIELD TRIPS, YOUR GROUP WILL EXPERIENCE HISTORY THROUGH THE ANCESTORS OF THOMAS AMIS!
- Guided House Tour: Enjoy an approximately one-hour guided tour of the original Thomas Amis Home circa 1781 with ancestors giving the tour; please allow one and a half hours for your visit.
- Guided Estate Tour: Enjoy a guided tour of the glorious grounds featuring a the Oldest Stone Dam in Tennessee, the original mill, Big Creek Visitors Center, Birdhouse Trail, and many other hidden gems not available to the public.
- Up to 20 visitors can tour the house with each guide; generally we can accommodate up to 30 visitors in the house in one hour. Accommodations can be made for larger groups.
- Please note that the tour requires a considerable amount of standing and climbing stairs. If members of your group need special assistance, please let us know in advance.
- Guided House Tour: $10 per adult for groups of 8 or more visitors. $5 for students of field trips. Additional rates apply for all other tours. Prices subject to change.
- The tour leader and bus driver are welcome to a complimentary tour with the group.
- Please call two weeks in advance to book all tours and confirm a guaranteed number of visitors.
- Enjoy true Farm to Table fare at The Amis Mill Eatery! From Cajun, Smoked Meats, to Handcut Steaks and Fresh Seafood straight from the Gulf. Catering Options are available for large groups as well as private dining in our Pavilion that over looks Big Creek and Amis Dam.
- Join us at our annual Antique Auto and Classic Car Show, the third Sunday in July. Enjoy more than 200 classic and antique vehicles, live music, food vendors, and tours of the Codman Estate. Please note, first floor tours are included with the $5 event admission price, regular group tour offerings not available.
- Join us at our annual Codman Estate Fine Arts and Crafts Festival, featuring the work of more than 100 artisans, live entertainment, demonstrations, food vendors, and tours of Codman Estate. This show takes place the second Saturday in September. Please note, first floor tours are included with the $5 event admission price, regular group tour offerings not available.
- Restrooms are located in the Eatery as well as throughout the Estate. Handicapped accessible restrooms are located in the Eatery as well as the Visitor's Center.
- The grounds feature hidden gems throughout the tour: Blacksmith Cabin, Birdhouse Trail, Big Creek Dam and Amis Mill.
- Parking is located adjacent to the Eatery on the left and can accommodate both cars and buses.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the Amis Home.
- Touching, leaning, or sitting on the objects is prohibited.
- Cell phones should be silenced prior to your tour.
- Your group will stay with the tour guide for the entire tour.